Routine check-ups and exams are paramount when we are assessing dental health. A plethora of underlying issues stem from the inability to perform simple tests that do not identify key issues early. Here at Capital Dental, we take pride in administering exceptional routine dental exams and notify our patients in advance for additional exams.
Here is some of what your dentist is looking for during a dental exam:
– Damaged, missing or decayed teeth
– Early signs of cavities
– Condition of your gums, such as periodontal pockets, inflammation or other signs of gum disease (which can lead to tooth and bone loss)
– To see how previous dental work such as root canals, fillings and crowns are holding up
– Early signs of mouth or throat cancer, such as white lesions or blocked salivary glands
– Other suspicious growths or cysts
– Position of your teeth (e.g., spacing, bite)
– Signs that you clench or grind your teeth (a treatable problem that can cause headache or sore jaw and can, if serious, lead to hearing loss and tooth loss)
– Signs of bleeding or inflammation on your tongue and on the roof or floor of your mouth
– The overall health and function of your temporomandibular joint (which joins the jaw to skull), checking for signs of disorders that can cause pain or tenderness
– The general condition of the bones in your face, jaw and around your mouth
If you are seeking a reliable and effective dental team, feel free to contact us directly here at Capital Dental. Experience the difference of the finest and most accurate and patient-friendly dentists in Canberra.